There are only 50 days left to the election. This Senate race affects everyone in this state. It is the only way we ensure that there is change in leadership at the State House. Will you help me defeat Senator Therese Murray?
Here are 50 reasons why you need to get involved today.
1. Massachusetts is the number one state in underemployment.
2. Over the past two months unemployment has increased.
3. We have lost a Congressional district worth of people.
4. According to CNBC over the past year the Commonwealth has gone from 6th to 28th in being business friendly.
5. I have written the Small Business Bill of Rights which will set Massachusetts apart from any other state. It will help put us back on track. 6. Senator Murray wanted to create a state owned bank.
7. She passed the double taxation on alcohol.
8. She raised the sales tax 25%.
9. During the Senate budget debate this year she declared the state budget of $32 billion not a money bill.
10. During the same budget debate she consolidated 188 amendments into one, so Senators had no idea of what they were voting on.
11. She watered down EBT reforms.
12. Behind closed doors she reduced the cooling off period from 5 years to 1 for legislators being able to work for the casinos.”
13. She passed the forced unionization of home daycare centers.
14. The last rating from the National Federation of Independent Business she received was a grade of 29%.
15. Her statement about being Senate President—“It’s like being captain of the Titanic. It’s sinking.”
16. Sen. Murray is the number one recipient of special interest money in the state.
17. After being caught trying to push through the wind siting bill during an informal session, she flip flopped on the issue.
18. When Sen. Jim Marzilli was indicted for sexually assaulting 4 women, he never went back into the State House, but Murray allowed him to continue to collect his extra chairman’s pay
19. Sen. Murray thinks everyone has a right to be a United States citizen whether they came here legally or illegally.
20. When the Governor passed out 4000 raises to managers last year, Senator Murray failed to stand up for the taxpayers.
21. During her tenure as Senate President, three Senators have gone to jail. 22. She has endorsed Senator Wilkerson.
23. Let’s not forget her spring break trade missions.
24. She has opposed an independent audit of the legislature.
25. She has accepted $2000 in campaign contributions from convicted felon and former Speaker Charlie Flaherty.
26. She was the most mentioned politician in the federal indictments over the Probation Department scandal.
27. When questioned on the Probation Department indictments, she said –“that’s what we do.”
28. After all the patronage problems her aide was hired to head up the new health care agency. It was not a worldwide search to say the least.
29. Recently on WATD she would not rule out future problems regarding the Probation Department.
30. She is still writing recommendations.
31. Prior to the Probation Department scandal, she helped get other unqualified people jobs in public safety positions.
32. It is not illegal but it is unethical. She was caught mailing campaign type flyers to constituents out of her State House office.
33. She has refused to disclose why she is paying law firms out of her campaign account.
34. Massachusetts received a grade of F on the Integrity Score Card when it comes to issues of government transparency.
35. The Kingston/Plymouth commuter lines have been shut down on the weekend.
36. She has refused to roll back the income tax as promised.
37. Even knowing the MBTA is in a financial crisis, she did not oppose them passing out raises to managers.
38. The last two budgets have not been in print for 24 hours before the vote.
39. Sen. Murray says “reform before revenue” which means higher taxes after the election.
40. In 2010 she made the following statement about jobs—“We grow them, and then we lose them.”
41. She rejected the amendment to stop vending machines fees from increasing 567%.
42. Unlike Sen. Murray I support a 5 year moratorium on new health care mandates.
43. Unlike Sen. Murray, I want to fix the definition for Independent Contractors.
44. I am opposed to the mileage tax.
45. I have signed on to the ‘No New Taxes’ pledge.
46. I have a 13 point plan to restore integrity to the State House. 47. I have pledged to hold weekly office hours.
48. We need more than 4 Republicans in the Senate. It is time for balance.
49. Isn’t it time to send an ethics, compliance and efficiency expert to the State House?
50. Isn’t it time to elect more people with real life business experience? We have to remind voters of what she has done and how I can help turnaround our state! Will you help me?
These are the 50 reasons why you should give $50 today.
Murray has already started her advertising. It is going to take mailings and radio advertisements to get the message out.
I need to launch them soon because it is a long list of failures!
In the next 10 days my treasurer tells me that I have to raise $25,650.
Will you donate $500, $250, $100, $50 or $35? Click here. Your donation would be greatly appreciated.
And leave a note in the comments section that you read about Tom on VoteCoreValues.org.